Mi perro come hierba, ¿es normal?

• I was with my dog in an orchard and he ate a lot of grass. He has been having soft poop for 2 days and today he has a lot of mucus in his poop. His behavior is normal. Should I be worried or is it only due to the grass he ate?

Thank you very much!

• Hi,

It is possible that your dog's digestive issues are due to the grass he ate. Dogs sometimes eat grass as a way to help soothe an upset stomach or to induce vomiting. However, it is important to monitor your dog's symptoms and behavior closely, especially if they persist or worsen.

If your dog is otherwise behaving normally and is still eating and drinking water, you may want to try withholding food for 12 to 24 hours, but make sure they still have access to water. After the fasting period, try feeding a small amount of a bland diet consisting of boiled chicken and rice for a few days to help soothe their digestive system.

If your dog's symptoms persist or worsen, or if they show any signs of dehydration or lethargy, it would be best to consult with your veterinarian to rule out any underlying health issues and to get appropriate treatment. Additionally, if your dog has a history of eating things that he shouldn't or has other underlying health conditions, it is important to seek veterinary advice sooner rather than later.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!